Some Interesting Facts About Pokemon That You Should Know
Written by admin on December 22, 2016
As you’ve probably known by now, Pokemon Go has been an international hit. It has garnered a lot of fanfare and a lot of people are going out to catch some Pokemon. Because, well, “gotta catch them all”, right?
Since it has become a worldwide phenomenon, I think it is only fitting to write about some interesting facts about Pokemon in general.
In this article, I will talk about every interesting fact about Pokemon that you should know.
1. Pokemon is also called as “Pocket Monsters”. The franchise was created by Satoshi Tajiri and was first launched in Japan in 1996.
2. Pokemon, as a franchise, is Nintendo’s second biggest and most successful one (just next to Mario). This franchise has spawned numerous game iterations (trading card game and actual games) and it also spawned a lot of movies and TV series as well.
3. Speaking of TV series, Pokemon is already in its 19th season and it already has 737 episodes and counting. Also, it is worth noting that the franchise also made a lot of movies and TV specials as well.
4. Now the catchphrase, “gotta catch them all”, is basically the premise of the entire franchise. The very first generation of Pokemon only has 151 pocket monsters in total. But today, there are over 720 monsters to catch and there will be more coming when the upcoming Pokemon games will be launched this year.
5. The upcoming Pokemon Games, the Pokemon Sun and Moon, will be the 7th generation game that will be released. This game features new Pokemon and will be available on the Nintendo 3DS gaming console.
6. There is a division within the franchise called “Play! Pokemon”. This division hosts numerous tournaments. Most of them are invite-only and they get talented players to compete for a scholarship, trophies, and cash prizes. Most of the tournaments showcase the trading card game and also some games such as the Pokken Tournament, for example.
7. Pokemon games are easy and they follow a “strengths and weaknesses” mechanic. In the Pokemon games, there are certain types of elements a Pokemon has. These elements are water, fire, electric, grass, rock, ice, ground, poison, bug, flying, psychic, fighting, no-element, dark, fairy, and steel. Most of the Pokemon only have one innate element. But, in the upcoming Pokemon games, new Pokemon will have more than one element.
8. Remember the Tamagotchi? For those of you who do not know, Tamagotchi is a game where you feed and take care of your pets. Pokemon was inspired off of that but it is more refined as you not only take care of Pokemon but you also have to catch them in the wild. Train them well to create your own set of amazing Pokemon to be used in gym battles.
These are just some of the amazing facts about the Pokemon franchise. If you want the latest craze, Pokemon Go, you can download them on the Google Play Store for Android mobile phones and in the iOS app store for iPhones hoverboard skate.